Pages

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Football skills

Football

Okeii.jpg

Football is a well known sport from around the world.  It is played with eleven players and you you have to get it into the opponent's goal. The rules are simple, and it is played on a soccer field.  There are a lot of skills you need to learn before you start playing the actual game.

This morning my class and I went to the hall for a soccer lesson with our coach Steve.  He taught us some skills that you can use in the actual game. He taught us these following skills 1. Kicking/passing with your outer foot
2. Kicking/passing with your lace/inner foot
3. Kicking/passing with your sole
4. Putting your body between the ball and opponent
These are the skills he taught us, I know how to do some of them but I need more practise.

The only sport that I play is netball and the only way football can relate to netball is how in football you run and in netball you run too. So netball and football don’t have much in common and I can't really compare the two sports.

During our football lesson I had a lot of fun. So the aim of the first game we played was to kick someone else's ball out of the square and if it went out then they lost a point.  Then after that warm up game we played an actual mini game of football and he split us up into four groups and swapped us on and off.

Football is a very fun game to play and I am glad I got to learn a few skills from our coach Steve.  He has taught us some skills and I am willing to learn more next week when he comes for another teaching lesson.







0 comments:

Post a Comment